Thursday, January 9, 2014

Fried Beef w/ Sweet Plantains & Shepherds Pie

Wednesday after putting more Christmas decorations up and finally taking our tree down, I decided to make a dish I loved to eat in Puerto Rico (other than the fried pork chops and sticky white rice).

Fried beef chunks and sweet plantains, which are ripe plantains... And it's definitely not the same as fried bananas. I don't really care for bananas.

The flour mixture included salt, cumin, adobo, and garlic powder.


I tossed the prepackage cuts of beef in the seasoned flour then fried them .I will remind myself to cut up my own beef because the sizes of the pieces were inconsistent and mostly too small. Lesson learned.


The sweet plantains were frozen and I just had to warm them up. Some day I will go to that Pilipino store my mom used to go to so I can make my own fried sweet plantains!




Today Jeremy decided to cook Shepherd's pie... by the time I got home he already seasoned and cooked the meat in some onions, peas, and carrots. I know that he used salt, garlic salt, rosemary, and probably pepper.


Then he smashed some potatoes up that were boiling in some herbs and I topped the meat off with them and some cheese. He baked it in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes and we had a lot of food leftover! I like that my passion for cooking rubbed off on him.



 I promise I'll be better about posting. I've just had a tough week at work, but I still do love it. My next posts will have my DIY Valentine's decorations! Having a new house just makes me want to decorate for every months events! Goodnight.




1 comment: